Friday, January 31, 2014

Curve Ball

Life is one of those funny things that I never lack being surprised by. You think you have everything figured out, life is good, and then all of a sudden your whole world turns upside down, and you realize that you were missing out on something wonderful that you would have missed out on if you had continued living in the comfort zone that you had created for yourself.

When I was 17, if you had told me that I would be buying a house when I was 18, and when I was 18 you had told me that I would be dating someone 2000 miles away when I was 19, and when I was 19 if you had told me I would be selling my house to move 2000 miles away to be with said boyfriend when I was 20. I definitely would have told you that you were off your rocker.

Sadly, I wasn't lucky enough to have someone state the future to me. Not even for the pure enjoyment of laughing at the absurdity of their prediction.  Instead I found out my “future” the old fashioned way, taking each life curve ball as it came, and I can honestly say that I am glad about this. Though it would have been a good laugh, I am happy that I didn't know where I was headed in life. The ever changing times, the friends gained and lost, the experiences good and bad, have shaped and molded who I am today, and all of this was set into place for me to have the experience and confidence to be able to handle the current and future life situations that I find myself in.


So, even though three years ago I was simply excited about the fact of being able to rent an apartment, be single till 25, and always live in the state of Ohio. I can honestly say that the changes in my life have all been for the better. I am thankful for each and every change that I have had in my life, and I am excited to see what is around the next corner. 

This is just my reminder to myself to Carpe Diem, live with no regrets, and to remember YOLO in it's purest form.

No comments:

Post a Comment