Saturday, February 1, 2014

Poem

Here is a poem I wrote a while back. Thought I might share it now.

Lost in the woods with no way out
Lost in the woods of my own doubt
Like the sun the truth I seek
If only a glimpse, a ray, a peek
From it's warmth I'll know what's true
And like a flower I will burst anew
With petals that are full and strong
It's for this resurrection that I long
When the leaves no longer blind my eyes
I will take a stance and boldly rise
Rise and embrace the blessed day
All my burdens carried far away
Burdens that were once so strong
I could not even see the wrong
My Gracious Savior holds them now
It is my freedom this does allow
For my freedom I praise His name
My life will never be the same
This boundless JOY I long to share
With all the people everywhere
All should know that it is true
You may know my Savior too

No comments:

Post a Comment